Well, the primary children sang in church for Mother's Day like they usually do, however, the chorister had informed me that she was moving at the last second . . . so I had been doing singing time the past few weeks. I was really enjoying it and thought it would be pretty fun to lead them in church when singing for their mothers. The week before, the pianist and I discussed our plan and what the cues would be.
Well, Mother's Day was here and the children were excited. They all made it to the front of the chapel trying to be as reverent as their little excited bodies could be. As I focused on the children and got them all in their places and ready to sing, I raised my hand and stood on my tippy toes to give the pianist the go ahead . . . however, I couldn't see anyone at the piano. I took a few steps to the left, stretched a little farther and I still couldn't see her. No one was sitting at the piano! My heart sunk, my mouth felt like cotton and the palms of my hands instantly started to get wet and clammy. Frantically turning around, I scanned the congregation hoping that our pianist was just a little slow, but no body was moving and they were all starting at me!
After what seemed like hours, a blessed individual caught my eye and made a motion of playing the piano in the air. I looked at her with a huge smile and nodded my head. She came running to the front and jumped behind the piano. The children did wonderful despite the shaking cheat sheets I was holding up to help them remember the song. After church I hunted my angel down and gave her a huge hug! Thank goodness for talented people!
Friday, May 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hum, for some reason when I go to the blog now, it comes up on Jacob's account...He was here this weekend and some how when someone else has used the comp. things look all different when they leave and go home...So this is really mom Not Jake. Jake How do I get to my own blog again?
mom
Jen, the next comment will really be to you. mom
Jen, what a scary thing to have happen. What happened to your REAL piano player?
You were a trouper to be able to go
"go on with the show" even if you were shaking..
Post a Comment