Saturday, May 12, 2007
The Auction
Today, Mom and I went to Poky and stopped off at an auction. There wasn't too much of interest that I felt we couldn't live without but since they were selling vehicles I thought I would see what they were selling for. They were running two rings so Mom decided to see what else was selling but headed the wrong direction. There was a lot of people there and she couldn't here me yell at her so I whistled and pointed to where she should go. This got the attention of the auctioneer and he took my actions as a bid on a vintage 1951 fire truck for $4900. ( It would look cool in our yard and the kids would have a lot of fun ringing the bell and siren). But for $4900, I had to embarrass myself and call off my bid just before they said "sold". Mom was a little excited too. We decided I had had enough of auctions for the day and left.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
For some reason, I'm not sure that I would be completely surprised to come home and see a vintage firetruck that Dad had won at an auction sitting in our driveway. That is too funny :).
Post a Comment