Thursday, May 10, 2007

Five for Fighting

It's been a couple of weeks but I thought I would blog about a concert we went to. Five for Fighting came to SLC on April 23rd and he's one of Joe's favorite singers, so Dave and I decided we would take him for his birthday cuz we really like him also.

Joe had a ton of homework and it was on a Monday night, but he came down just for that and when it was over, he headed home and pulled an all nighter so he could be ready for his classes the next day.

It was a smaller venue so it more up close and personal. We didn't get there early at all but after the opening act, most people went back to the bar to get their drinks so we were able to move right up to the stage. There wasn't any seating and you just stood, which proved to be a long time for our old bodies :) but it was nice to be able to get real close. I wasn't paying attention at the end and the drummer tossed his sticks to the audience. They both came really close to me and I ended up dodging both of them. Dave got one and gave it to Joe. Anyway, he was a great performer and we had a lot of fun.

We left Chloe with Dave's niece. (It was only 10 minutes from where we were going) She was pretty good most of the time, but now has decided she doesn't want to take a bottle so she was pretty ravished by the time we got there.

No comments: