I opened the hood and the result wasn't pretty. My power steering pump was no longer connected to the engine mount and was just laying there, busted bolts and all. The fan belt was still good but was tangled up within the other engine parts.
I walked home and told Shantell about our predicament. She looked at me, disappointed, and suggested that we call a mechanic. I knew that I had to prove myself and be a man. I went to the garage and grabbed by favorite tool and set out to go fix our car (see picture below).

A couple of trips to Autozone and a few hours later I did what I didn't think I would actually be able to do. I fixed the car.
Last week, my wife saw me only as a kid with soft hands that works on computers all day. Now, however, I believe I catch her gazing off in thought about how her man looked that day, wearing his hard-hat and using his greasy tools. She has more than a husband....
.........she has a man.

1 comment:
Nice picture Jake. No wonder Shan can't keep her hands off of you.
Post a Comment