Last Saturday Jake and I attended the closing social of the BYU singles ward that we are now in. We played human Fooseball (sp?) and ate some good food. It was a lot of fun. To play human fooseball all players hold onto a pvc pipe in a line. Then set it up like it would be on a real fooseball table. One row is one team the next row must be players from the other team, etc. Middle rows have about five players on a pipe while the last defensive line near the goal has only three players. Then comes the goalie who does not have a pipe. Players cannot let go of the pipe to get the ball. It is really quite comical to see one person on the end of the pipe try to go for the ball and yank the rest of the players hanging onto the pipe along. We played with 2 big soft bouncy balls so no one would get hurt, as players are actually quite close to each other.
Anyways, Jake gave up his spot playing fooseball to give me a chance at it. I was having a great time. Meanwhile the food came out and some of the people started eating. Not having anything else to do, Jake joined the food line. Meanwhile I am still having the time of my life playing fooseball. Jake looks around for a place to sit and every table has about three girls sitting at it. (This ward really is about 3 girls for every guy). Of course Jake doesn't want to be antisocial and sit by himself. He also doesn't want to make the girls feel like poison by studiously avoiding them. So he sits down at a table of about 3 girls. Meanwhile I am still oblivious to the situation and continue playing. Before Jake knows it the rest of the table fills up with girls and he is now surrounded with a bevy of single girls and his wife is nowhere to be seen. Jake was already feeling a bit awkward when the Bishop comes up and asks Jake if we (Jake and I) always eat separately. Busted! The worst thing is Jake was completely innocent. Should he have sat down by himself? I guess I am going to have to be more aware of how things look. I hate that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment