Saturday, May 24, 2008

Final Amelia Earhart Choir Performance



This is the time of year when nearly every day our kids have some sort of performance, field trip, graduation ceremony. Last week, the Amelia Earhart choir made its last performance for 2008. For our family, this is the last performance that we will have with the choir and due to the new school being built in our neighborhood.

Amber played beautifully for the choir and the kids his voices sounded supreme. I sat in the audience with Aliece and Alayna and Jace. Our little kids did very well sitting still and listening to the performance. Aliece, of course, was very excited about the whole performance. I didn't even know that she had the skill, but while the kids were singing Alyce could hardly contain her excitement. She put her fingers up to her lips and started to whistle for the kids. I looked over at her. It was funny to see this little six year old putting her fingers in her mouth and whistling with excitement. I tried to explain to her that she needed to stop whistling. She said, well can I've whistle after the song is over? I then explained to her that whistling at a choir concert was not appropriate ever. It was so funny to see her get so excited over the performance.

The choir teacher was very emotional over the performance. She will be losing about two thirds of the choir with the new school. Not only that, but she will also be losing her star piano players. Amber and her friend Rebecca have been playing for the choir for the last few years while their kids have been in the choir. It will be interesting to see if our new school will have a choir or not.

No comments: