Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Trimming the Tree



On Sunday Nicole and put up her Christmas tree and decorated it. She did it in Blue and silver. It looked really nice. After we had put the lights on, the garland and all the ornaments and Angel, we started to clean up our mess. In the middle of cleaning, we looked up and her christmas tree started falling over. So we ran and grabbed it before it completely crashed to the floor. So I tightened the screws at base of the tree as far as they would go. Then we sat down to watch a movie. Again, the tree came crashing down and ornaments went everywhere. We tried and tried to make it stable but the trunk is really skinny and it just wont hold it up. So we had to put chairs around the tree so that it wouldnt fall over in the night. We still havent fixed the problem, and the tree with it's scattered ornaments and droopy lights and garland looks sort of mangled and pitful.

1 comment:

John Andersen said...

Joe, did you put Water in the stand? I know in the past, our tree would do that too and having water in the stand would help give the base of the tree more balance. Also, when this has happened to us, I had to undo all the screws and turn the tree a bit and angle it back the opposite way to compensate for the tipping. Then I would put the screws back in. Hope that helps.

I never wanted an artificial tree before, but this is our third year (I believe) with the artificial tree. I love them! You don't have to worry about them falling over and killing someone. Also, you don't have to worry about the needs falling to the floor all of the time. Additionally, you don't have to WATER it!!

Just today, Amber bought some pine cones that were soaked in Cinnamon oil. She then stuck the pine cones in the branches of our artificial tree. Man, it smells great! It was so good that I left the house singing christmas carols.