
Well, it looks as if our darling little Alayna has been getting some exclusive training from Aliece lately. On Saturday morning, Amber was wrapping Christmas gifts in our room while I was doing my accounting homework. Aliece had run out to get the mail for me. She came right back in and handed me the pile of junk mail and then ran off to play in the other room. After about five minutes or so, there was a knock at the door. Amber was busy, so I went to see who the visitor was.
Upon opening the door, I was surprised to see our neighbor, Karen. The surprise was not in seeing her at our door, but it was the what she was carrying that caught me off guard. She was holding Alayna. Karen kindly explained that she found Alayna in the middle of the street with nobody in our family outside. Turning a bit red with embarrassment and hoping she was not going to go home and call Child Protection Services, I thanked her profusely and snatched up the escapee. We had not been outside at all. The only thing we can think of is the possibility that Aliece left the door open as she ran to the mailbox and Alayna must have snuck out.

No comments:
Post a Comment