Tuesday, November 29, 2005

No toilet will defy me again!


Well, it is always nice to come home after a long trip. However, one of the things I enjoy to do is relax on my throne and ponder the things that I have to get back to doing now that the vacation is up. This was a luxury, however, that was not afforded to me after this trip. We got home Sunday night at about 8:30pm. By 8:35pm, we had a plugged toilet. Upset about the toilet, and really wanting to exercise my ritual, I started plunging the toilet.

It was a stubborn job, but I was not going to let it beat me. I worked and worked that night. I spent two hours on the porcelain device to no avail. Man was not the victor in this battle. My back was killing me and I had a ripe blister on the palm of my hand - I had been beaten.

Not to worry, though, while the toilet may have had a peaceful slumber and a smirk of pride in it's stubbornness, I was thinking of my next strategy.

On Monday, I had my plan. After work, Jake and I went over to the Home Depot to see what weapon I could choose to conquer the enemy. There were an assortment of devices - one of which was a $50.00, six foot plumber's snake of the likes that even Tim the Toolman would be proud. I bought my tool and relished the moment when I could execute my attack.

Of course, by the time I got home, Amber had dinner ready, so my plans were postponed. Then it was time for FHE at which we decorated the Christmas tree. It was not until the kids were in bed that I had the freedom to do the deed. I reverently removed the weapon from it's packaging and got to work. In a matter of minutes, I had defeated my once formidable foe. And just to show all of its' kind who was boss, I attacked the other toilet also - just so it wouldn't get any ideas.

Well, now, our toilets have been humbled and my new Snake hangs prominently in our garage. If any of you come across a testy toilet, feel free to solicit my services!

No comments: