Monday, November 21, 2005

I know, I know...and it isn't even Thanksgiving yet!


Well, the weather outside is [not so] frightful...

Saturday was actually a very gorgeous day. It was so nice, in fact that our neighbors were mowing their lawn. It sickens me to think this is our introduction to a 2006 winter. I hope we get a little something more here soon.

With the weather being so good, Amber and I decided that it was the perfect day to put up our Christmas lights. I was feeling pretty good about my back, so I stubbornly insisted on being the one to climb up on the roof to hang the lights on the eaves. As I got started we noticed a lot of our icicle lights were having some problems. They would not stay lit very well. At my insistance, Amber hopped in the van and ran to the store for some new lights. We decided to go with Red this year.

Adee came as we were half way through with the lights. It was fun to have her down. By then, my back was killing me and she took over helping Amber hang lights around doors and the garage, while I went to lie down.

That evening, one of our neighbors from Brazil had invited us earlier in the week to come to their house for a festive brasilian barbeque. Oh, it was divine - I think I ate a quarter of a cow while we were there. We had to leave a bit early, however, so that Amber and Adee could run to a wedding reception.

On Sunday, Amber made a delicious Thanksgiving dinner since we will be in Spokane the rest of this week. Adee stayed and ate with us along with Jake and Shantel. Oh, that food was good.

No comments: