I was supposed to go to Pack Meeting tonight to do a little demonstration. However, by the time I got back from work, my back was starting to hurt really bad. Amber kindly whipped some stuff together so that she could do a similar presentation and headed off in my stead.
Well, here I was, thinking that Amber took off to give me a little R&R. I don't know why I expected that...
You all know how Aliece gets at times. Whenever she wants to sound important or be funny, she lets out a slew of "potty profantities" such as "poo", "pee", "stinky bum", etc. It is probably a 3 year old form of Turrets Syndrome. Being an older sister, Aliece must be having an influence on her little sister, Alayna. More about that in a minute.
Aliece needed to use the bathroom while I was cleaning up the kitchen and family room. She was supposed to be helping me, so I told her to hurry. Off she went. Of course, Aliece prefers our bathroom as opposed to the kids' bathroom. So, she was secluded from my sight for quite sometime. When I finally realized that I had not seen her for a while, I went into my bathroom to see a bunch of open containers on the bathroom sink, with Aliece rubbing lotions and other "Health and Beauty Aides" over her body. Alayna was in there with her, doing her own thing and appearing to be having a ball.
I got angry at Aliece for getting into Amber's things and sent her out of the bathroom. I took her over to her pile of books in the family room and instructed her on her task. Then I ran back to the bathroom to grab Alayna. When I got in there, Alayna had smears of brown all over her face and hands. Sure enough, I thought, there goes Amber's new mascara that she purchased this past week. I grabbed Alayna and sent her out, figuring I would clean her up before bed time. I knew there was a mess in the bathroom, but I figured I would clean that when the kids went to bed.
Well, I resumed my cleaning tasks, but found it hard with Alayna following me around, grabbing my leg, etc. I picked her up to go and take her to some toys, hoping that they might entertain her a bit longer. As I was walking to the toy closet, I started to wonder what Alayna had smeared all over her body - it was fairly aromatic. As I walked, I tried to think of the different concoctions stored in our bathroom that she could have gotten into. I would take another sniff and rule out one or two more items. Finally, I stopped dead in my tracks. I knew that smell. I ran into our bathroom and sure enough, there on the floor were sopping wet piles of toilet paper, a wet toilet seat where the toddler had been playing, and an unflushed toilet where Aliece had, just a few minutes ago, made a sizeable deposit. I looked around the bathroom, and yes, little brown piles lay on the floor and the rugs. Drying, dark smears on the walls and doors also provided evidence of Alayna's activities.
Well, I scrubbed her hands down along with her face and mouth. We got her in her pajamas and put her to bed. It will be a few days before I let that little girl give me wet, slobbery kisses, or let her put her hands in my mouth while we wrestle together.
So folks, Alayna appears to have joined the rest of our kids in the "potty mouth" stage, albeit a little prematurely - and much too literally.

No comments:
Post a Comment