Sunday, June 07, 2009

The Garage Sale Scout

Amber and I have been fairly faithful at using garage sales this spring to look for a variety of items that we have needed around the house. Most of these items have been furniture needs.

However, we have often found that when we take the entire family we move a little slower through the garage sales. The types of things that we have been looking for are also the types of things that go pretty quickly at a garage sale. You have to be there as one of the first people in order to get it.

This Saturday, Amber and I changed our tactics a little bit. She worked on getting the kids ready and I hopped on the motorcycle and started on the garage sale route. I stopped at several garage sales quite quickly. Once I found a place that had an item that we needed, I would call Amber and she would drive to that location to pick it up in the suburban.

The results were phenomenal! We were able to pick up a porch table to go with our rocking chairs for only three dollars. We also got a nice little dresser for our new arrival for only $10. And finally, we got a second umbrella stroller for only one dollar.

Of course, our kids got their fair share of junk. We had a great time together and we were done within 90 minutes of our start time. We are so excited for our newfound "treasures".

No comments: