A few weeks ago, Johnathan gave a family home evening lesson on the topic of bearing testimonies. Aylee and Aliece have been very faithful in bearing their testimonies in a variety of church meetings. Johnathan, on the other hand, has been pretty nervous and has refrained from airing his testimony publicly very often.
During his lesson, in his hopes to break his reluctance to bear his testimony, he challenged our entire family to bear our testimony at the next fast and testimony meeting at church.
Today was the big day! It was so important to the family, that I skipped out of going to the Spanish branch and went to our Ward instead. We waited until the testimony meeting was halfway over. The kids were eager to get up there to bear the testimony -- it was all we could do to keep them reverent and hold them back until was the right time.
Johnathan started up the aisle with Amber. As they walked up, Aliece took off behind him. Aylee didn't want to be left behind and so she got up and went up. Alayna begged me to let her go and finally I told her to go ahead. I sat in the congregation with Jace while the rest of our family sat on the rostrum. After each one of them bore short, simple, and reverent testimonies they headed back to our bench and I got up and went and bore my testimony.
I hope the Ward didn't feel like we hijacked their testimony meeting. I don't think they got that impression. It was a wonderful experience for our family to do that together this time. I am grateful to Johnathan for wanting to improve himself and overcome a fear that he has experienced in the past.
Sunday, June 07, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment