Sunday, June 14, 2009

An Early Father's Day

Amber had decided that since she will just be coming back from the hospital just before Father's Day that we would hold our own Father's Day yesterday (Saturday). Amber made some yummy cinnamon rolls for breakfast. The kids then took turns giving me a variety of gifts. I loved reading their very creative cards.

For dinner Amber made me some ribs and mashed potatoes -- my favorite! We topped it off with some delicious brown sugar frosting cake with homemade ice cream.

My biggest Father's Day gift was a small refrigerator for me to put in my office at work.  Lately, I have been having a problem keeping my food in the refrigerator is at the break room. It must be the economic uncertainties of our times, because I will buy a $10 bag of string chees and find it totally gone within a few days. I have had other food disappear similarly. Amber was on the ball and realized that I needed a refrigerator that I could keep in my office so as to preserve my food. I am really excited to try it out!

It was a fun day for me. It was nice of Amber to think ahead and prepare everything for this unofficial Father's Day.

1 comment:

JoAnn Andersen said...

YUM, YUM. BROWN SUGAR FROSTING. If I wasn't trying to stay away from sweets......Happy Fathers day JOhn.