Sunday, June 14, 2009

A garage sale oversight

Hitting the weekly garage sale events as a family has been a huge success and fun activity -- over all. On Saturday, however, I noticed an embarrassing oversight in our garage sale activities.

A couple of weeks ago, Aliece purchased a little pink purse that she has been carrying with her everywhere. She had also purchased a plastic cell phone which she put inside of it. This little purse goes with her everywhere.

Yesterday, while we were at the church for the Cub Scout Olympics event, Aliece was walking around the gym with her purse. If you know Aliece, you know that if she is proud of something she is not discrete at all. She was flashing her little purse in front of all of our friends to show it off. When she brought her purse up close to my face, I just happened to catch a glimpse of four was written on the purse. I realized that this was no child's purse. In fact, it was a creative little shopping bag from the Victoria's Secret lingerie boutique. I nearly died!

Amber laughed and said to one of our neighbors, well I guess at Victoria's secret they don't need bags much bigger than that!

So far, Amber and I have not decided to take Aliece's new purse away from her. We just don't have the heart. I am going to have to keep a much better I on her purchases at garage sales in the future.

1 comment:

JoAnn Andersen said...

Isn't it funny that Aliece had no idea what the logo meant but it sounds just like something she would have liked to have. HEE, HEE.
OOPS I mean especially if it had some of the contents still in the bag when she got it. HEE, HEE.