Monday, June 01, 2009

Deserted

Amber and Aylee had to go to choir a hour before church yesterday.  I was entrusted with getting the kids the rest of the way ready for church and to deliver them to the appropriate pew just before the first meeting was to start. 

About 30 minutes before church started I ran up to our bedroom bathroom to take care of some business.  When I came out of the bathroom and headed downstairs, I noticed that the house was unnervingly quiet. I called out for some of the kids but received no response.  I went to the front door and opened it to see if the kids were playing in the yard - only to see Jace rounding a street corner holding onto Aliece's hand - quickly disappearing from my sight.

I hopped onto the motorcycle and rode on over to the church.  Sure enough, I found all of the kids heading hand in hand off to church.  The little buggers had left me!  We ended up getting to church about 20 minutes early, but they were all well behaved, so no harm was done. 

Next time I'm going to have to handle my bathroom business when Amber is around :-)

No comments: