Friday, April 28, 2006

Woah, Nae!

Well, I have to say, Nae, you sure got my blood running today. I read your blog and thought, she cannot be serious! I had heard that Chris was just a friend and that was it. I couldn't believe that Janae would be announcing an engagement over the internet!! In shock, I yelled across the hall to Jake, then called Amber. While I was talking to Amber, Jake was on the phone with Joe. After that, I got on the phone with Mom to see exactly what the relationship was with Chris and if it was a Joke. Mom was funny, I said, "Mom did you read Janae's blog?" Mom said she hadn't but that she was just replying to one of my blogs. I said, well you have to read Janae's blog. She said she had a lot to do, but that she would finish her comments, do those things and read the blog when she got to that point. I suggested that she read it BEFORE she did her other "pressing" tasks. So, I hung up. I then called Jen to ask her. Every time I called someone the had not read the blog, so I would sit on the phone waiting for them to look it up and then listen to them as they made stray comments such as, "whaa?", "huh uh!", "you've got to be kidding", "nahhhh!", "can this be true?!". Then we would talk about it. Well, while I was talking to Jen, Mom called and was nearly breathless. I joined Jen's call with mom's and then Dad got on...we wondered together if it were true and then decided that Mom and Dad should call Janae.

Jake and I went to lunch and every five minutes or so we would say, the longer the time for a reply phone call from Mom and Dad, the more likely it is true.

Mom finally called and sounded really exhausted. I knew right away what the news was. She said softly, do you want to conference people in or should I just call everyone separately to tell them the news. I conferenced Jen in and put Jake on speaker. We listened intently as Mom told us somberly that indeed it was a joke! My goodness, You got us good!

I told Amber the news and she said it was just 38 minutes between the blog that Janae posted and her confession. That was a very long and nail biting 38 minutes!

No comments: