
(These are one of those pictures your kid will kill you for when they are a teenager and you let her know you posted this on the Internet for all the world to see)
After enjoying a nice 30 minute episode of Andy Griffith with Amber last night, we shut off our lights, locked the doors and headed to bed. I was in the lead down our long hallway when I noticed Aliece, flat down in the hallway with her legs tucked under her - she was fast asleep.
Aliece has been known to sleep in wierd positions and places, so I didn't think much of it until I got closer to get her up. I had turned the hallway lights off, so I couldn't see much, but I though that she must have been wearing some pretty skill colored underwear that was form fitting because that sure looked like a little four-year-old bum protruding from her pajama tops.
I had to turn on the light for some verification. Upon further illuminated inspection, I found that there were indeed no pants (under or over) covering that little behind. I had Amber come check it out and we laughed about it. Amber wondered outloud why her pants would be pulled down around her ankles while she slept in the hallway, and that is when it dawned on me. I gasped and slow, "oh, no". Amber inquired of my reaction and I shared my hypothesis. "I think Aliece was headed to go to the bathroom when she fell asleep halfway". We turned her over to verify my scientific guess. Sure enough, there sat a small pudding of water.
We knew she was tired that night, but we had no clue she was THAT tired. I guess that is three of four kids that have now had creative nocturnal potty stops. When Aylee was that age we caught her squatting in the toy closet in the hallway doing her business. Last year we luckily caught Johnathan before letting it all out in one of the kitchen drawers. Last night, Aliece collapsed from fatigue and did her work while fast asleep in the hall.
I wonder what Alayna has in store for us.

No comments:
Post a Comment