Wednesday, April 26, 2006

New Facial

Ok, here is another Amber-Left-John-In-Charge-And-Guess-What-Happened Story. Sunday night, Johnathan started vomiting again. We decided that on Monday, Amber would set up a doctor's appointment just to make sure nothing was terribly wrong.

The next day, Amber set up the appointment and asked me to come home for lunch so that I could watch the girls while she took Johnathan to the care center. I agreed and came home.

Sure enough, while I was home, I was doing some Novell work from my home computer. While I was working I heard a shrill scream from Alayna in the kitchen. I dropped everything and ran into the kitchen to find Alayna sitting on the kitchen counter. In her hands she had an open bottle of liquid cinammon that amber uses in her candles. Alayna had spread the amorous liquid frangrance all over her face and head.

I grabbed her and ran her over to the sink where I started to flush her eyes and hands first. Then I washed her face over and over again. It seemed like the more that I washed her face, the worse the sting would get. Her face started to turn red and little bumps of irritation were quickly appearing on the once smooth landscape of her cheeks.

I got to the point that I didn't know what to do. I tried Amber on her cell phone, but she had left it at home. I then called Dad at home and asked him if he thought some Aloe Vera would helpt he sting. He suggested that I use it.

The Aloe Vera did the trick, I put it on her tender face and soon her screams turned into exhausted sobs. I held her in my arms for about half an hour. After she had calmed down, she quickly bored of sitting on my lap and hopped down and went back to playing.

I cleaned up the bottle and put it up on the fridge. Alayna hasn't learned her lesson, though, Amber found her again, this time on the kitchen sink window sill trying to open the perfume of fire.

No comments: