Monday, October 27, 2008

FHE at the Food Bank

The other day I was doing some research on the Utah County food Bank. I discovered on their website that they have a weekly family home evening and night at the food bank for families. They accept children of all ages. You just have to sign up and get an available spot.

A couple of weeks ago I signed up our family to attend this family home evening. The kids did a great job there! They were definitely our children in the way answered nearly every question that was asked and they were energetic in their participation during the evenings activities.

We had a fun little 15 minute lesson that was followed by a tour of the food bank. We then ended the evening by doing a little service project where we made little Christmas stockings that will be filled with candy and given to some pf the children of the patrons of the food bank.



It was a fun experience for our children to be able to see how the community assists those in need. I hope that it will help make a difference in their attitude towards the things they take for granted and the blessings that we have in our life. I hope my children will always be generous and lookout for those that struggle.

As the Bible says, this is pure religion.

No comments: