Tonight was night three without Amber and the younger kids. Amber had convinced the kids that we would have a daddy date every day she was gone - she did this so that they would come home with me and be willing to leave her in Idaho. Of course, this puts the pressure on me. Each day the kids ask what our activity is going to be.
For tonight's activity, I decided to take the older ones out to dinner with me instead of making it myself. Amber left me with a bunch of coupons. We drove to Del Taco first and ordered 3 kids meals (Burger, fries, pop, and a toy). I ordered a taco. After coupons, our total price was $0.00. That is right, an entire meal for four people at no cost.
We took our meal to a nearby ice cream shop that does liquid nitrogen ice cream. We sat in the shop and ate our meals and then I went up to the counter to order ice cream. The gal said that she would just give me the discount without taking the coupon because it was so difficult to process the coupons. I laughed, and said that was OK. I told her I knew the owner and he had given me a pile of these dollar off coupons. Either she was really nice, or she was impressed I knew the owner. When we went up to the counter to order, I told her that would be getting a large size and splitting it. She said, Oh, I'll just give you a bunch of the kids' sizes ($2.50 each) and charge you for a large size ($5.00).
She started to make it and then said, "hey, come behind the counter kids - why don't you help me make the ice cream." They got to choose their flavors and add-ins. They got to pour the cream, add the flavoring, and mix in the candies that they chose. She then let them go in the back area and hold their metal bowl while she injected liquid nitrogen into their mixture. They laughed and squealed as nitrogen gas vapors bubbled out of the bowl and onto their bodies.
After their servings were made, she asked me what I was having. I said I was OK, but she insisted and I ordered. She made mine for me. The ice cream was delicious! When she rang up the order, we got all four childrens' cups ($2.50 each) for $5.00 total.
The kids really enjoyed themselves, and I had a great time too. It was an adventurous night on the town feeding four people with dessert on a five dollar bill!
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Are the kids going to want Mom to come home if you keep this up? LOL
Post a Comment