On our way home, we took a detour into Arbon to say Hi to Mom and Dad. The kids were grateful to get out of the car and visit with mom and dad.
Dad was out fencing, so I took the motorcycle out to the field and worked with dad for an hour or so. He mostly did the working, and I just visited. I couldn't stay too long to be helpful, but it was fun to talk.
Once Dad ran out of wire, we came back to the house. I packed the kids back up into the car and we continued our trip home.
On our way out of Arbon, we saw this beautiful, complete rainbow. It was as if Arbon was giving us a goodbye gift for the trip home. I sure love it out there. It was great to spend a little time with Mom and Dad.

1 comment:
I miss seeing Arbon valley. Even though it wasn't home for me like it was for you, I still have some really good memories visiting.
In fact, I was looking up at the stars tonight (we actually didn't have clouds tonight) noticing how many and how bright they were and it reminded me of Arbon. When it comes to amazing starry nights, Arbon is my frame of reference. I've never seen so many bright and beatiful stars as I've seen in Arbon Valley.
I also remember going to the school and playing ball. Camping in the hills was a lot of fun. Visiting the ward, hanging out with your family. Sqeaking out a Karaoke recording. Its amazing how many good memories I have in just the few visits I/we made there.
Probably the thing that makes Arbon so special to me is how I felt being with your family. In all my life, I've never felt more at home with "strangers" than I did first meeting all of you.
Its hard to explain, but you have a very special, un-matched relationship within your family and I was pleased see that example and to feel the closeness/friendliness/love you have with each other and to be so welcomed when I visited.
THANKS!
Dalan Moss
Post a Comment