Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Bathroom Break

As many of you might know, we went up to visit Amber's family for the past four or five days. We often enjoy traveling through the night because the kids sleep, it is peaceful, and there is no traffic. So, on Monday night around 9pm, we said our good-byes to everyone and headed down the road.

As part of our routine, just before the kids load up into the car they are required to go to the bathroom. We followed the routine before leaving.

We needed to get Gas in the van, but there is a cheaper gas station about 15 miles from Liberty Lake on the route home. So, we got everyone in the car and headed for the gas station. We got to the gas station fifteen minutes later. I got out and filled the car up with Gas {I am using capital letters for Gas since it has become so expensive :) }. As I went to get into the van, Alayna cried out that she had to go potty. I was bound and determined to be nice on this trip and not yell, so I used my nice voice in instructing her to hop out - also asking Aylee to go in with her.

After several minutes, they returned and I hopped into the van to go. However, just as Alayna was getting into the van, Aliece said that she had to go. Finally, I commanded (in not such as nice a voice as before) and lectured at the same time instructing everyone else to get out of the car and to go to the bathroom because we weren't going to do this again...and that we just went potty at Grandma and Grandpa's house...and what in the heck are you doing that makes you go potty every 15 minutes...and hurry up because we were supposed to leave 10 minutes ago...etc, etc.

Finally, the bathrooms were visited and used. Kids were shuffled into the car in a huff, and I cranked up the music and drove off toward Utah.

I guess I can't be too angry about it. No one woke up to complain that they had to used the bathroom until our gas stop in Pocatello at 6:00 AM.

No comments: