Forget waterfalls in the kitchen ceiling, the Andersen family has decided to be even more generous this Christmas Season by shedding more dollars off to needy repairmen within Utah County.
Tuesday morning we woke up to a cold home - down to around 60 degrees. None of the kids wanted to leave their beds to get up and go to school. On Monday I had reprogrammed the thermostat so that we wouldn't keep the house so warm during the night. I figured I must have mis-programmed the device. I went downstairs and worked with the thermostat only to find that a programming genius such as myself couldn't and didn't make a mistake in programming the unit.
I took my troubleshooting to the furnace closet only to find the Furnace's motherboard blinking a diagnostic code. I called our friend Ken Kosmicki and asked if he could take a look at it (He works for Gunthers Heating and Air). His diagnosis was a bad motherboard. We had the motherboard replaced June 2006 when lightning hit our house. The component had a one year warranty, which just ended in June. Our replacement cost: $300.
Now that we have worked on the plumbing and the furnace this week, we're trying to find some other needy repairman or appliance center to contribute to. The dishwasher was sounding pretty sick last night, maybe there is a "poor" salesman that we will donate another few hundred to in the coming weeks.
Wednesday, December 05, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment