Ok. . . so I'm not as smart as the average blogger. I can't seem to get mine to post on the first try or something! I didn't know it would add to my stats twice. . . .but hey. . . .that's a great idea! I think I'm finally getting this thing down.
Well. . .my week hasn't been that exciting yet but it's only Wednesday. I went to a training last night at the mental hospital on mental illness. Alexander Morrison, a member of the first quorum of the seventies, spoke and it was really good. There were quite a few people there. Some patients, past patients, bishops in the area, and family of people who struggle with mental illness. I sure thought I understood a lot more from the opportunity I've had to serve at the hospital, but I've realized there is so much I don't know or understand. It sure is interesting. Elder Morrison really focused on Mental Illness being a real illness. One statement he made that really made me think was "You never tell a person with a mental illness to 'show a little backbone', 'just get on with your life' or 'try a little harder'". He said would you tell a person with cancer to 'show a little backbone' etc?? He said it is the same as a person struggling with a physical illness. Anyway. . .it was very interesting and a good opportunity to learn a little more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment