Saturday, September 17, 2011

A 37th Birthday

This Thursday I celebrated my 37th birthday. It was probably one of the more complicated birthdays that I have ever had simply due to logistics. I got up at 4:00 AM to catch my 6 AM flight from San Diego to Idaho Falls. I had been spending the week in San Diego participating in a training for service-now.com.

When I reached the airport, it was announced that our plane had broken down and that they hoped to have it flying again in four hours. We were instructed to call the airline and try to make alternate reservations. After waiting in line for many minutes I was able to get on the phone and get a new itinerary that would get me home around four or 5:00 PM in Idaho Falls. I was not too excited about spending my birthday in an airport, but at least it was going to get me home in time to celebrate my birthday as if I had been at work.

Luckily, they were able to fix the planes sooner than expected and I was able to change my flight plans again and get home only two hours later than I was originally supposed to. I was really grateful and relieved that are worked out that way.

Amber, Jace, and Avary picked me up at the airport and we went to the Olive Garden for lunch. It was so good to be home and see Amber and the kids again.

Work ended up being quite busy that day and so we celebrated my birthday from about six to 8 PM. After that Amber laid on the couch next to me and fell asleep while I worked on my laptop for several hours and made phone calls to help some sales guys on the West Coast.

By about 11:00 PM I finished up my birthday by waking Amber up and helping her up to bed. I was so grateful to be home and in my own bed that was still a very nice birthday!

Thanks to everyone who called or otherwise expressed your heartfelt birthday wishes. It is always good to hear from everyone.

No comments: