Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Dandelion Hunt

You can tell that spring is here since the first flowers that have arrived in our yard are the beautiful, lush, yellow dandelions. They have come up quite quickly. In an effort to thwart their progress I told the kids that I would pay them one penny for every dandelion flower and five cents for every dandelion root that they were able to pick. Aylee and Aliece were excited to earn some money and got out there and got busy. Aylee earned three dollars and Aliece earned a dollar. Johnathan gave it a halfhearted attempt and earned a whopping 12 cents. Alayna never made it past the trampoline.
 
Aylee and Aliece picked nearly every single dandelion in the yard. That was quite an accomplishment.  I told her not to worry, if they wanted to earn more money there will probably be hundreds more tomorrow.

No comments: