Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Fun at Seven Peaks

Last night our family went to Seven Peaks after work. We were to meet there at 4pm and then pay the half day rate and stay until 8pm. Three of the kids had coupons from their "High Fliers" reading programs at school. Alayna and Jace were young enough to get in for free. Amber and I were the only ones that had to pay.

At lunch time I had set my swim clothes on the counter for the family to bring with them when they met up with me. However, once we paid and got into the park, I asked Amber for my clothes so that i could go and change. She looked and realized they weren't with us. We parked about a quarter of a mile or so away from the park, so I walked back to the truck to see if they were in there. They were not. In the rush of preparing kids, food, and swimming gear, my trunks got left behind.

I came back to the park and went into their store. They had some long swim trunks there for a good price so I ended up just buying a pair.

The kids had a great time at the park. Amber brought some sandwiches and snacks that we used for dinner. Half way through our visit there we saw the Eberhard family. After that, the kids were gone. We only saw them every once in a while as they ran from attraction to attraction. It was pretty funny. Aliece, Alayna and Jace stayed with us of course, but it was fun to see the older kids growing up and going on their own. Dad has typically been the cool one to go on slides and stuff, however, as they grow older, I can see that some of my roles are being replaced by friends and siblings. I am OK with that, but sometimes it is wierd to realize that the kids are getting so old so quickly.

Alayna and I paired up quite a few times to ride on the tube slides. Aliece didn't want to do the tube slides and she played in the various pools. Alayna loved the tube slides and I enjoyed my one on one time with her.

No comments: