Thursday, July 03, 2008

An Awkward Position

Today Jake needed some help that required an extra set of hands and a pickup. Instead of going home for lunch, I went over and helped him pick up a swamp cooler and then take some junk to the dump.

Since the van is in the shop still getting body work done, all of our car seats are in the truck. This includes Jace's car seat which only fits in the front passenger seat. The only spot with a free seatbelt is in the middle of the front bench, right next to the driver.

So, Jake hopped in to the middle and I cozied right up to him in the driver's side and we went and did the errands. When we pulled into the dump, there was a lady there at the checkpoint to pick up our money and let us into the dump area. After she paid, she said, "No baby?" I was bewildered at first, but then realized that she was looking at Jake and I just sitting right next to each other on the bench seat, next to an empty baby carseat. We quickly explained we were brothers and that we were running errands, etc.

Next, we drove to the dump area where you have to wait for someone to come up to you and tell you what stall you can pull into. Well, this BACA, Harley-Davidson biker looking dude with the long hair and the biker mustache came over to let us know which bay we were to use. As soon as he gave us the instructions, he asked, "Where's the baby?" LOL. Jake and I laughed nervously and made some quick explanatory statements involving brothers, borrowed truck, little kids, etc.

By the time we left, we were feeling pretty self conscious!

1 comment:

J-Dog said...

Check my Blog.