
A couple of weeks ago we took the kids to a community science fair. The fair was put on by the Youth Center. It had a lot of cool activities for the kids to participate in.
The kids made sidewalk chalk, ice cream in a bag, watched menthos and diet coke shot up in the air, and many other things that interested them.
One of the stations was a butter-making station. You were given some ingredients for butter and a glass pint jar. You had to shake the jar for about 15 minutes before the butter was made. Once the butter was done, you could spread it on some crackers and eat it.
Well, while it was my turn to shake the butter, Ann called my cell phone. I had Jace in the front pack on my chest. I was shaking the jar of butter and talking on the phone at the same time. For those of you who know me well, know that this is a bad combination - I cannot talk on the phone and do anything else at the same time.
While talking I accidentally smacked Jace on the head with the jar during one of my downward shakes. Our little guy started screaming and hyperventilating (well, it wasn't real hyperventilation, but they where short shrieking cries.
Ever since that experience anytime anything minor scares Jace, he now does the hyperventilation cry. When he is crying in his crib and I sneak up to the crib saying in a playful voice, "Who is crying in their crib?", he starts to hyperventilate. When something minor happens to him when I am holding him, he hyperventilates. Yesterday, I was feeding him with a fork and the tip barely poked his lips and he started hyperventilating.
So far, this only happens with me. The other day, Aylee was holding him and shutting the fridge door. She miscalculated her position with him and the door him Jace in the head -- No cries, no hyperventilating.
Poor boy, I hope our relationship will recover some day!

2 comments:
Oh wow John, I tingled down to my toes as I read the Bonk you gave Jace.
I guess he's old enough that the soft spot help...UHG that was awful to say sorry.
HOW FUN IT IS TO BE ABLE TO SING AROUND THE PIANO AS A FAMILY..you kids are LUCKY that your mom know's how to play the piano.
WHAT FUN. AND HOW COOL YOUR DAD CAN PLAY SOME SONGS TOO.
I also love that you (Aylee & JOhnny)
are taking piano lessons.
Post a Comment