Yesterday, we were given a used exercise bike by the neighbors. They purchased it years ago, but never really used it much. It is a nice unit with magnetic resistance and a heart rate monitor built in. There are days when I cannot get to work in time to exercise (eg. when I work from home for Amber to volunteer at the school, etc). This will come in handy for those days so that I can try to keep up with everyone else on their exercise minutes.
Anyway, this morning I told Amber that I was going to go exercise on the bike. I went into our bedroom where the bike is and I started changing my clothing to get ready to exercise.
Just as I had finished stripping down to my birthday suit, little Alayna came walking in. She asked me if I was going to exercise on the machine. I told her I was. I then asked her to go out because I was naked.
She left and I finished getting my exercise clothes on and started my workout. Just as I was getting going, Amber came in. She said that she was prompted by Alayna to come and check me in my workout. I asked why, and Amber replied. She said that Alayna came downstairs and told her, "I know how you do the exercise machine, you get on it naked." Amber responded, "No, you don't do it naked." Alayna, countered with a know-it-all tone, "Uh huh....Daddy's doing it naked!"
I had to explain to Amber what had happened with her coming into my room to see me exercise and my asking her to leave because I was naked. We both got a good laugh out of it.
So, when some people talk about working from home in their underwear, you should see how the Andersen's exercise from home!
Saturday, March 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment