Sunday, February 24, 2008

Oh, and one more thing...

In his blog, John forgot to mention that while he was helping the neighbor who had locked his key in the car, I was having my own chaotic moment inside the library with the kids. I turned around after using the "convenient" self-checkout machine, to find that Alayna was not with the other kids. After questioning them and looking in the nearby nooks and crannies, I realized that she was nowhere near. I told the older kids to stay put on a specific spot, while I started searching all over the library. I must have looked a little frantic, because after a few minutes a lady at the reference desk approached me and asked if I was missing a little girl. She said the reference desk on another floor had telephoned down to say that they had a lost girl. Somehow Alayna had loaded herself on the elevator and was now standing scared on the second floor. OHHHH ... If we get all of these children to adulthood, it will be a modern day miracle!

No comments: