I knew I was in trouble when Amber said she really didn't "need" anything for her birthday and that gifts should not be the focus of the day. That always means extra work (and money) on my end.
Her simple birthday turned into a day off of work and tearing out the sliding doors in our master bathroom along with repainting and some minor redecorating in said room.
The kids were great through this whole ordeal. They woke up and immediately showered Amber with birthday greetings. We worked on the bathroom while the kids were at school. When they came home we had some Ice Cream Pie and then Amber and I finished off the last touches in the bathroom as kids did homework.
We ended the evening by going out to eat as a family. The kids were very well mannered and we had a great time together.
Just to recap Amber's simple birthday gift, I have created this video of me and her throughout the day:
(If you are reading this in email, you can get to the video by clicking HERE.)
Amber and I had a great time working side by side (or rather butt to butt) all day long. It was really a fun way to spend a birthday.
Thanks for all the birthday wishes and gifts throughout the day!
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
wow,
Amber, you look great as always, doing what you love to do. It looks like you had a great day.
John, you make great videos.
We love you all.
Post a Comment