Thursday, August 24, 2006

Oh, the smell

Tonight I was putting some things away in the kitchen and every so often I would catch a reminiscent smell. I couldn't put my finger on it, but it kept bringing back good feelings and vague memories.

It wasn't until after a few minutes of working in the kitchen that I realized what it reminded me of...Grandpa Willard. Now, I enjoyed the memories a little longer until the detective in me decided that I needed to figure out what the smell was.

I paid attention to my wanderings as I continued cleaning the kitchen. Then, when I was putting some stuff in the pantry, the smell hit me. I looked around...There was a bunch of fruit that Amber had put in the Pantry to ripen.

It all made sense...Grandpa's treasured boxes of fruit and produce salvaged from local grocery store garbage bins.

No comments: