Sunday, August 27, 2006

Bench Warmer

Wednesday night Jake and Shantell came over to our house to watch our kids for us at 9pm so that Amber and I could go to an interview with the 2nd Counselor in our stake presidency. Amber and I didn't want to get our hopes up, but we figured something was up!

We attended the interview and there we were told that I was being released from the bishopric, and (even better news) the new bishopric had already been called.

The counselor told us to keep it quiet, but that the release would take place this Sunday.

The secret was successfull as no one suspected anything. We had to reschedule the sacrament meeting talks and after-church interviews/visits. The Stake Presidency showed up on the stand just before the meeting and after the sacrament, they took over and released us and sustained the new bishopric.

On Wednesday night I was very excited for the release, but as the week has gone on, I have fallen a bit nostalgic and reminiscent. I nearly cried all the way through this morning's interviews and the first part of the sacrament meeting. There have been a lot of great experiences, and I have loved getting to know the ward members so well. I will miss the calling, but I do say, it will be a great change to be able to sit with Amber and the familiy and be a "bench warmer" during church again.

No comments: