Thursday, June 16, 2005

I'll teach that girl...

Summer tends to bring new opportunities, adventures, and yes, new challenges. Amber and I have noticed that our kids have been having a hard time going to sleep at night, now that it is summer. Of course, when I say kids, I mean Aylee and Aliece :-).

Well, Aylee was up until past 10:30 last night. It was a fight all night long just to keep her in bed and quiet.

Amber got the sinister notion that maybe I could wake Aylee up when I exercise in the mornings around 6am. That way she will get some exercise with me and she SHOULD be a little bit more tired in the evenings. Well, today is the day we will find that out.

I woke Aylee up at 6:30. I was going to run while she rode her bike. However, I had done some lower body weight-lifting yesterday, so I was too sore to run. So, Aylee and I went on a bike ride together. It was really fun! She and I biked about 5 miles together and talked the whole way (she talked, and I listened). It was pretty fun.

She is excited to try out the new regime, and she didn't even complain about having to get up at 6:30.

Hopefully this helps our night time routine...and hopefully she will get into the good habit of daily exercise.

No comments: