Monday, June 13, 2005

A(nother) tightwad in the family

For Family Home Evening tonight, Aylee was assigned to be in charge of the activity. A while back, all the kids got a dollar as a gift - I think it was for Valentines day. Aylee wanted the activity to take place at "All-a-Dollar" where the kids could each pick out an item to spend their money.

Aylee wanted her activity to be a secret so that the kids would be suprised. After our Family Home Evening lesson was over, Aylee announced what the activity would be. Once she had notified us all of the activity, Johnathan burst into tears. He was freaking out - saying, "I don't want to spend my dollar! I want to save it!!"

Amber and I assured Johnathan that he didn't HAVE to spend his dollar. That he could save it. However, that would mean that he wouldn't be able to buy anything at the store. He was just fine with that.

I figured that once we got to the store and he saw things that he wanted, he would relenquish tight hold of the currency. All to my suprise, however, he held firm. He followed Aylee and Aliece around the store as they each picked out the treasure that would take their savings. The boy was unphased. He was content to follow his sisters in their hunt, and needed no prize to carry home, other than his little green George Washington dollar bill.

No comments: