Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Oh...that grandma

This morning I put Grandma Mamie's life history on my palm pilot. Throughout the day, in my spare moments, I have been reading parts of her life history. It is hilarious! I don't know if any of you have read it yet, but it is so fun to read - I mean, it is probably the funnest Auto-biography that I have read (granted, I am only on page 12) - and I have ready my fair share of auto-biographies.

There are so many things that I didn't know about grandma...That she was born outside while her mom was starting a fire - she just fell right out and her granny caught her. Also, where she got her name! That was funny - they didn't name her for weeks, and when they did, her brother came up with the name Mamie because that was the name of the girl he was dating...her mom didn't like the name but didn't know what else to call her. My goodness, this is fun reading!

No comments: