Thursday, March 17, 2005

Dumb or Just Inexperienced??

I bought a sewing maching in December and have only sewed on it a few times. I have been sewing on denim so it's heavy sewing but my maching is new and strong right?? Well. . . now there's a ticking noise in the bobbin area. I've taken it apart as much as I've dared and tried to clean it out and see if I could see any problems but couldn't see anything out of the ordinary (that I would notice). So today, I finally took it into the shop to see if they had any advice before I shipped it off to Florida to be fixed. They were very nice and said they would take a quick look at it to see if they could tell what was wrong. They sewed on it for a second, then took the needle out and compared it to a new needle and it was easy to see that it was worn down pretty good :) They put a new needle in for me and the noise was gone! It's amazing! They didn't charge me a thing but I'm sure they had a good laugh after I left. They did ask if I wanted to buy some needles, and how could I say no! I bought a few and went on my way!

I'm excited to start sewing again and to be sure it fixed my problem but I'm pretty sure it did.

Thanks for the pics mom! Wow. . .they look like they've already done a lot! Way to go Joe and Dad! I'm excited to see it!

Love you all!
Jen

No comments: