At the beginning of the year, Amber let me talk her into getting started with the TV series, "Lost". We have really gotten into it and have enjoyed the series. For those of you familiar with the TV series, it is about a group of people that are involved in a plane wreck in crash on a deserted island. Some people thought it was a little funny when they saw us watching movies on the airplane about people who crashed while in flight. But it sure helped pass the six-hour flight between LA and Oahu.
We had read that the series was filmed on Oahu and we wanted to find at least one of the sites were some of the major scenes were filmed. We did a little research and found that the beach where most scenes take place on the TV series were filmed on a secluded beach on the North Shore of the island. In order to get to the speech, we had to park a ways down at a public park and walk along a rocky beach line to get to the popular scene.
On our way Amber and I were talking and I was ahead and she was behind me. While we were chatting, Amber screamed all of a sudden. I stopped dead in my tracks wondering what the world went wrong. She then indicated to me that within a few feet before I was walking there was a large seal resting in the sand. We had originally mistaken it for a piece of large driftwood, and I probably would've walked right up to it or even stepped on it. I was glad the Amber realized what was before we found out what it feels like to run away from an angry seal but was woken up from its nap.
We found the beach and took some pictures of it and the surrounding area. We had fun messing with the time delay function on our camera and we took some shots of the two of us.
As we started walking back to our car, Amber asked me to stop for a moment. She said that she had purchased a gift for me that she wanted to give to me on our trip to Hawaii. She had purchased it a few months ago and was waiting to give it to me while we were on the island. I open the small block house that she put into my hand and found a brand-new wedding band. She has wanted to give me a new wedding band for quite some time.
I had lost my wedding ring a couple of days earlier when we had been snorkeling at Hanauma Bay. She thought that was quite ironic that I would lose our wedding band on the same trip that she had planned to give me a new one. For added emphasis, or irony, she waited until we are on the beach where they filmed "lost" to give me my new wedding band to replace my lost one.

No comments:
Post a Comment