About an hour after bedtime tonight, Amber and I were in the playroom chatting together. Amber wasn't feeling well and so she was laying down in our loveseat relaxing.
Alayna came down the stairs and came up to Amber and told her that she had the hiccups. Sure enough, just as she told her that she let out a big hiccup. While she was complaining to Amber, I had a bright idea. In the middle of one of her sentences, I screamed really loud in a high-pitched scream. Alayna freaked out and buried her head into Amber's lap and started sobbing uncontrollably. I had to pick her up and hold her for several minutes before she stopped crying. I guess I really scared her to death. Once her crying subsided, I told her to notice that she did not have the hiccups anymore. For some reason I was not the hero of the evening. Alayna acknowledged that her hiccups were gone, but she still held a grudge for me scaring her so badly.
I guess the old wives tale is true -- that if you wish to get rid of the hiccups you have someone scare you. I have never seen it in action, until now!

No comments:
Post a Comment