Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Chloe is 2!

Wow! I can't believe my baby is 2! It's been a week and a half since her birthday but I thought I would write a bit about her special day. For breakfast, she had oatmeal with a candle in it. She thought that was pretty neat. We had to keep lighting it and letting her blow it out over and over. I figured it was her birthday so I'd be patient.

We woke up to about 6 inches of new wet snow, perfect for building a snowman! The weather was really quite warm also and it was so fun to be outside without freezing our appendages off. I shoveled the drive way and the car off and man was that a work out! Chloe kept saying . . . Frosty the Snowman mom! So, then we decided to build a snowman. We spent a couple hours playing in the snow and it was so fun!

For lunch, we met Nae at McDonald's and let Chloe play on the toys why we visited.

When Dave got home, we packed up, picked up Nae and headed to Arbon for Chloe's party. We had pizza for dinner and then opened presents. She was so excited with everything she got. It was a chore to encourage her to keep opening her gifts. We still have one from Christmas that we ended up saving for her birthday and then a couple more from her birthday. I figured we might as well take our time and when she gets bored someday with all her new activities, then we'll open a present. After presents, we had cake and ice cream. Check out that awesome lady bug cake! That's my first cake and it was a lot of fun. Chloe was really excited about it also. We sure had a fun day!

No comments: