Thursday was Amber's birthday. We had a great, laid back day of fun. Amber and I went to lunch at TGIFridays. They had a two for one coupon on SlickDeals that week, so it seemed like a good place to go. Our waitress was very slow and took her time doing things like getting us our bill - namely 20 minutes after we asked for it. Other than that, we had a fun time.
That evening we then went to dinner (yes, again - twice in the same day) to Macaroni Grill. We took the kids with us there and we all enjoyed ourselves.
We knew we were going to be eating a ton that day due to two restaurant visits, so Amber didn't want a cake of any kind. Instead, Amber and I helped Aliece make mini cupcakes the day before. (Aliece had gotten a "Fairy" cookbook from the library earlier in the week). Then, on Amber's birthday, Johnathan was bored, so Amber had him help her frost and decorate her birthday cupcakes. I know it makes me sound like a louse - but I was at work, and Amber thought it would be fun - I swear!
So, at bedtime, we sang the final birthday song and we each had one of the mini-fairy-cupcakes. Hmmm....fairies taste pretty good, actually :-).

No comments:
Post a Comment