Sunday, November 16, 2008

Classy McDonalds?



Saturday was the dedicated day for my monthly date with Aliece and Alayna. Sometimes I do their daddy dates together when they want to do the same activity. One of their favorite activities for a daddy date is to go to McDonald's to eat hamburgers and play in the play area.

Recently, our local McDonald's was closed down for a couple of months while they did some remodeling. They really have spruced up the place with the remodel. In fact, when you walk into the McDonald's, it appears that you walked into a Starbucks or some other trendy little hip restaurant. There are curved partitions, high leg tables and chairs, and even a glass wall with the McDonald's logo on it with a waterfall flowing on both sides of the glass.

Even the play area was remodeled to give you the sense that there is more playspace even though they didn't enlarge the area at all.

When asking the girls what they wanted to order, they both replied that they wanted six cheeseburgers each. Being the wise parent that I am I told them that I would order one a piece and if they wanted more I would buy them more. Of course, Alayna only the bun portion of her first hamburger, and Aliece completed one cheeseburger. After their handful of fries, they were full and ready to go play on the play area.

I was really surprised by the trendy look that the new McDonald's has. They really have worked hard to change their perception of being a kid place to a place for adults and business people to grab a cup of coffee, and read their paper. I guess we'll see how it goes!

No comments: