Sunday, November 09, 2008

Caching - Big Van Style

Saturday ended up being a fun day for us. We started off the morning by raking leaves and doing some other yard work. I had some wiring problems under the ground that led to my flagpole. I worked on finding those issues and repairing them as well as enhancing the covers for the different electrical connections under the ground for the flagpole and for the pond.

Aliece and Alayna had a piƱata movie party at one of their former primary teachers homes. During that time Amber and I took the kids to the library. Aylee and Johnathan needed to find some new books that were more challenging. Amber and I are going to start a little book club with the kids in order to challenge them to read more difficult books. After the library, we went to Kmart and bought some real bottles of pop. Those are going to serve as our prizes for kids the finish their larger chapter books.



Once the girls got back from their party, we decided that we would spend some time geo-caching as a family. We have been playing with the idea of purchasing a larger Van for a time when our family will need it. We had some neighbors that have a larger 11 passenger van. They let us borrow it so that we could take it around town and use of geo-caching just to see how I felt and to see if it was too big for us to manage easily. It is definitely not a minivan. However, I think we could probably get used to the idea of driving a larger Van around when we'll have to.

After finding about three geo-caches and swapping toys and other knickknacks, we topped off the evening spending some quality time at the Golden corral restaurant. We all stuffed our faces greatly, and had a good time.

1 comment:

Cox Family said...

We would love to put a flagpole up someday! Did you install it yourself? Our family also enjoys geocaching. Especially now that it's cold and the bees leave us alone!