Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Potty mouth gets potty consequence

While at church on Sunday I was walking down the hall after all the classes had ended. Aliece had not left her class yet. So, I thought that it would be fun for me to pick her up from class. I went in and said hello to her and told her that I was ready to pick her up. Her teachers are friends of mine. So I started up a conversation with them quickly. While we were talking Aliece got a little bored. She wanted to entertain someone, so in the middle of my conversation she yells from behind me, "Dad! Quit tooting in my face!"

As she said that, a woman that we know was walking behind me. As she walked by, she laughed and stated, "they sure call them as they see it!" I am sure that my face turned red. Especially because in this instance I was innocent!

I quickly ended my conversation and we headed off.

After lunch at home, Aliece had gone into the bathroom and so I took the opportunity to tell Amber what she did. I laughed as I told it and so did Amber, but Amber decided that she wanted to protect my honor a bit. Because just as I finished telling the story, Aliece called out from the bathroom saying that there was no toilet paper left.

Amber walked into the bathroom and told Aliece that what she did in the hallway of the Church was rude and that she would get no toilet paper until after she would apologize to me. I just about died laughing when I heard Amber's exchange with Aliece. So, while Amber went to get the toilet paper, I went over to the bathroom door and let Aliece apologize.

She did apologize but she made sure to add that her classmates still thought it was very funny! For that comment, I should have handed her some newspaper instead of toilet paper!

No comments: