Sunday, March 05, 2006

When do you issue an Amber Alert?

It is amazing that Aliece doesn't get herself killed or in trouble of some kind.

Today, Laurel Sprouse came over and watched our kids in the morning while Amber went to some camp meetings for church. I still can't really do much with Alayna because of my back and I had some interviews I was going to take care of at home. So, Laurel came and stayed with the kids for over an hour today.

Soon Amber returned from her meeting just as I was finishing up my interviews and phone calls. We let Laurel return home to prepare for church and we thanked her greatly for her help.

When the kids were saying goodbye to Laurel, Aliece started to throw a fit saying that she didn't want Laurel to leave. I told her that she would see Laurel again soon.

Amber and started visiting about our morning and we worked on getting the kids ready for school. It was about then that Amber realized that
Aliece was not in the house. We started searching for her. As we went to the front of the house, we could see Aliece in the far distant end of the block walking toward Laurel's house. We don't know if she ever made it there or not, but we called to Aliece and she returned without much incident.

After church today, everyone came home and changed their clothes. Aliece inisted on wearing her slip and only her slip. She thinks thats her dancing outfit. She was dancing around in the living room and then she started nursing one of her dolls.

The next time I walked by the room, however, she was not there. I checked all of the rooms, yelling in each one, calling for Aliece to respond. I checked the back yard, and the Smart's backyard. No where. I then went and started around the block. I met some members of the ward that had come from the east end of the block. I asked them if they had seem our little girl in a silky white slip. They said that they had come from that direction and had not seen her.
I was a little more concerned now, and so I headed over to the other block where she has been known to travel on occasion. However, my searching was in vain. No Liecey.

I was starting to panic now. So I hurried home, wondering how to best get the word out to the neighborhood. I ran into our bedroom and alerted Amber to the situation. She started getting scared too and she rechecked all of the rooms, yelling Aliece's name. Good thing Amber was involved in the search, her uteris kicked in and she found our soon-to-be four year old. She was fast asleep in the guest bed, with all of the covers completely over her. I would not have been able to tell she was there. It was a good thing Amber checked the covers because I was ready to sound the alarm and alert the police!

Sometimes, even asleep, Aliece can make her parent's fret!

No comments: