For anyone who has taught young children in Nursery or the Sunbeams class, you will appreciate the lessons that are taught to the young-uns. Some of the lessons includes "I am thankful for my hands", and "I am grateful for rain", etc.
Each lesson usually involves a photocopied coloring picture that is scribbled in blue, green, and yellow waxy crayon marks by the youngster that they proudly bring home to share with their family.
We have found, lately, that we do not need the colorful photocopies anymore to tell what lesson Aliece has had in her Sunbeam Church class. Lately, Aliece's class has been grateful for different animals. Two weeks ago they had a lesson on being grateful for fish. That same day after church, Aliece asked Amber if we could have Fish Sticks for dinner. We didn't think anything of it.
We finally made the connection however, when last Sunday, after church, Aliece asked Amber if we could have dog. Amber said, no, we don't have pets. Aliece so, know, can we have dog for dinner? Amber and I asked her if she had a lesson on dogs in her primary class. "Yep!" was her answer.
So, I am going to have to check in on the Primary teachers just to see how "grateful" they are for the animals in their lessons. Something tells me, however, "eating" the animals is probably not a part of the lesson - just another one of Aliece's entertaining personality traits!
Tuesday, March 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment