Wednesday, September 21, 2005

The Plague

What a long day! Our home has been infected by some sort of pink-vommiting plague. I was preparing for a training this afternoon. Amber gave me a call and we visited around 1:00 pm. My training started at 3:00pm. While I was giving the training I received a cell phone call. I didn't want to draw attention to myself, so I just quickly hit the silence button and continued on with the training. A few minutes later, Jake, who was also in the training, got a call on his cell phone. He walked out to take the call. A few minutes later he came back in and slipped a note in my hand. I stopped the presentation for just a few seconds as I read the note.
Well, I finished the training for the rest of the hour. When it was over, I gave her a call and she sounded terrible. She said that around 2:30 or 3:00 it hit her hard - without any real warning. She wanted me to come home and watch the kids so she could lie down.

I hung up the phone and immediately packed my things and headed home. By the time I got home, I found Aliece in the bathroom puking out her guts. This is the first time that she has vomitted that I can recall, and she was not enjoying the experience. Amber helped her get cleaned up and then laid down and I took my turn watching the kids. Aliece was very docile and laid on the couch for the rest of the night - moaning occasionally.

When Aliece would moan, I would grab an old bowl and try to give it to her. However, she must have thought that meant I "wanted" her to throw up. She would vehemently exclaim that she didn't want to do it. I would leave her alone until she would moan again. Once more I would run to her side with my trusty bowl. She, however, would freak out about "the bowl" that she would get up and run away from me. So, here I was with my bowl, running after Aliece all around the house while she would be yelling, "No!! I don't want to!! No!!"

By the time the vomit came again for Aliece however, she could not run and I was able to make it to her in time for the chunky-pink interception.

Aylee, Alayna, Johnathan and I ate our dinner while Aliece lay on the couch and Amber lay in our room.

Once it was bedtime, Johnathan started to complain of a upset stomach. We gave him a bowl just in case. Well, about an hour later, Johnathan started the cycle - to be repeated again yet another hour later.

Seeing as Alayna threw up today and a couple of days ago, it looks as if Aylee and I are the only survivors. It is after midnight, and as I type this, I wonder what is in store...Tomorrow are Aylee and I going to be grabbing "the bowl" for our own needs? Is this my last blog before the plague catches me too? Is it just a matter of time?

We'll all find out tomorrow (or, err... I guess today).

No comments: