Friday, September 16, 2005

The nurse is on the loose

For my birthday I received dress shirts from Ann & Verne and Amber. I had hung up one of the shirts for wearing the next morning. As you are all aware, each dress shirt comes with about 50 gazillion pins inserted throughout to make it look nice at the store. Well, I was in a hurry so I stuck the pins in an old hat I had sitting on top of our filing cabinet.

The next morning, the kids did not have school so I left for work with Amber and the kids all in bed. Well, I shouldn't say all of the kids - Aliece actually got up before I left and I sent her into the bedroom to lay down by Amber.

I guess she was a little more busy than I had hoped (I must be a slow learner). While Amber was asleep, Aliece brought a chair into our bedroom and set it next to the file cabinet. She climbed the chair and played with the items sitting on the cabinet. Well, she saw the pins stuck in the hat and formed a plan. She took one of the pins out of the hat and crawled into bed with Amber. She then proceeded to play "nurse". Amber awoke to hear Aliece telling her "Don't worry Mommy, this will only hurt for a second"!

Needless to say, Aliece didn't stay in bed with Amber much longer that morning.

No comments: